Once you roast chicken with Solberry Seabuckthorn Puree, you will never have your roasted bird without it! The meat is so tender, flavourful and the colour is a gorgeous gold – it is a winner! This is Erica Devins’ recipe that I have made over and over again and delicious every time.
- Recipe Solberry Roast Chicken with Wild Rice & Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (35-40 g) soft butter
- 1/4 cup (60 g) Solberry Seabuckthorn Puree
- 1 tbsp. (10 g) herbs de Provence or tarragon
- 1 (10 g) clove garlic
- 1/3 cup (113 g) dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (100 g) wild rice
- 500 g fresh mushrooms, like chanterelles, shiitake or your favourite mushrooms
- 2 medium onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 3-5 Tbsp. (30 g) sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp. (45 g) Solberry Seabuckthorn Puree
- 1/3 cup (50 g) dehydrated tart cherry
- Salt, pepper, cilantro to taste
Take chicken out of refrigerator about 1/2 hour before cooking. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a mixture of 1/4 cup soft butter, 1 tbsp. of herbs de Provence or tarragon, one finely minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Pat chicken dry and push herb/butter mixture under the skin of the breast and legs of the chicken. Place the chicken in a roasting pan breast side down. Add about 1/3 cup of dry white wine to pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Lower heat to 350°F. Flip chicken breast side up. Add Solberry Seabuckthorn Puree to pan. Mix the Puree with the juices from the chicken and baste thoroughly. Baste once or twice as chicken cooks. Cover loosely with foil if necessary to prevent burning. Continue cooking until thermometer reaches 170°F. Chicken will be a gorgeous golden colour.
Remove from oven and place on cutting board. Let the chicken rest for about 10 to 20 minutes.
Rice and Mushrooms
Cook your wild rice according to instructions. Sauté onion with garlic and vegetable oil. Set aside. Sauté mushrooms with little bit of oil until water evaporates. Add salt, cover and sauté until ready, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Combine onion and garlic with cooked wild rice. Add pepper, Solberry, cherries, and cilantro. Sauté for another 1- 2 minutes.