Dairy free, gluten free cashew cake – Ray Shim recipe.
- Recipe Solberry No-Bake Cashew Cake
Solberry No-Bake Cashew Cake
- 1 cup (100 g) raw almonds, or walnuts
- 1 cup (250 g) dry pitted dates, soaked overnight
- 2 cups (200 g) raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 lemon, juice only or 8 drops of lemon essential oil
- 1/2 cup (80 g) coconut cream or reduced coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. (40 g) organic raw honey or sweetener of your choice
- 4 tbsp. (60 g ) Solberry Seabuckthorn Puree
- Garnish with 2 tbsp. (30 g) Solberry Seabuckthorn Puree
It is easy to make your Solberry No-Bake Cashew Cake. You can also freeze it and enjoy at the later time.
Line the sides and the bottom of a 7 inch springform round pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Place the dates and almonds in the food processor and pulse to obtain a sticky mixture. Spread the mixture into the pan and press it evenly.
Drain the cashews and place them in a food processor along with the lemon juice or lemon essential oil, coconut milk and sweetener. If you use lemon, you may need to add more nuts to obtain a relatively firm texture. Process until texture is a thick, smooth cream.
Pour 3/4 of the cashew cream into the pan on top of the crust, and spread evenly. Place in freezer for about an hour. Put 4 tbsp. of Solberry Seabuckthorn Puree with the last 1/4 of cashew cream and process until cream is blended evenly. Place the Solberry Seabuckthorn Puree/cashew mix on top of the cake and spread evenly.
Top the cheesecake with the last 2 tbsp. of Solberry Seabuckthorn Puree evenly, cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
Seabuckthorn is the most nutritionally complete food in the world! It is loaded with vitamins, plant sterols, phytosterols, polyphenols, omega 7, carotenoids and anti-oxidants. Seabuckthorn also contains serotonin. Serotonin’s effects are well known as immune-inductor, energizer, anti-depressant. Serotonin is know to regulate aging, learning and memory. Learn more about What is Serotonin and Signs of Serotonin Deficiency?